Wednesday 17 April 2013

An invitation to the friends of Colin Dexter...


Dear friends,

If you've found me here I suspect that we share a passion for crime fiction, particularly the works of Colin Dexter and their screen adaptations Inspector Morse, Lewis and most recently Endeavour.

The proposal of this endeavour is to simply provide a forum in which to promote an appreciation and greater understanding of the cherished stories and characters within a larger cultural context.

Therefore, in addition to regular updates concerning news and events relating to literary and media representations of Colin Dexter's creations (including the releases of new merchandise together with vintage collectables), I will also attempt to explore the historical, social and cultural references to be found in print and on screen.

Although I hope to provide a comprehensively up-to-date and continually evolving one-stop resource, you will never find the celebrity gossip or "spoilers" that undermine the integrity of so many other "fan sites" associated with different characters and franchises.

Therefore this blog is designed to be far more academic in nature while hopefully still managing to entertain both the seasoned connoisseur and newcomers alike. Indeed, in this respect, I hope you'll find I'm a quite different kettle of fish!





.

However, perhaps my greatest hope for this blog is to unite enthusiasts who would otherwise never have the chance to meet, discuss and share their enjoyment of that most exquisite English gentleman, our friend - Mr Norman Colin Dexter, OBE.

Please feel free to get in touch either to comment on my posts or to share your own opinions and experiences. Indeed, this blog is as much yours as it is my own, it is a gift from one dedicated aficionado to another where you will find there's always time for one more pint!

Your friend,

D

6 comments:

  1. I'm very curious. I'm a more or less new fan (watched some episodes already a while back but only recently started reading the books and am now catching up those episodes I didn't watch and also the spin-offs) and am already really fascinated by it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always great to hear from new fans. I'm very pleased that you're reading Colin's books and watching the original series - enjoy my friend! D.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'd better double, no, make that triple check every post then if you're reading! D.

      Delete
  3. Keep up the good work, I've been a Morse fan since my teenage years and I still very much enjoy them these days, as well as Lewis and now Endeavour. I honestly think it's one of the UK's best "brands" ever which is, seeing the continuing succes of Endeavour, probably just about right. It'll be nice to have one central place were all series will be discussed and information on all of them can be found.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very kind and thank you for taking the time to get in touch. All the best, D.

    ReplyDelete